We categorise the self builder into three different categories. There’s the Project Manager, Team Manager or Sole Builder. Most will fall in to one of these..
wants to supply materials, bring in the labour and manage the process.
skilled or has a trade in construction, can also call on friends/colleagues in the trade to help with the build.
has excellent DIY skills and capable in most trades. Someone who can complete the project alone or with occasional unskilled labour.
The good news is that which ever category you fall in to, the utter simplicity of Snug Home’s products will work for you. Our bread and butter are simple domestic extensions, usually rectangular with a Lean To style roof. Perhaps with roof lights and bi-fold doors.
However we also produce many bespoke extension designs as well as complete houses. You simply send us your design with dimensions and we can provide you with our structural kit price. We will also tell you what else you need to finish your build depending on the finish you require.
So what is included in a Snug Home kit?... And what isn't?
SAMPLE PRICE & SPECIFICATION
Type: Lean To Extension 6m x 3m internal dimensions
Build Time: 1 day
STRUCTURAL KIT includes…
- Walls – 100mm SIP panels. Height at lowest part – 2.400mm.
- Roof – 150mm SIP panels, pitch 15 degrees.
- Form all wall and roof openings for windows, doors and rooflights.
- Steel goalpost for door opening.
- Head and soleplates.
- Breather membrane.
- Standard engineers’ calculations for Building Control submission.
- All fixings and sealants required.
- 15mm x 30mm OSB service void battens for the walls.
Structural Kit (Retail): £4250.00 + VAT
Structural Kit (Trade): £Discounts available
STRUCTURAL KIT PLUS includes:
- Eaves guard, Fascia, Gutters
- We can supply TAPCO PLASTIC SLATE tiles and roof lights too, however most people use concrete tiles and have their own window supplier. However, prices can be requested.
WHAT HAS TO BE DONE ON TOP OF OUR KITS
- If using standard beam & block foundations the kit is built on top of the beams before the screed in laid.
- Windows and doors, timber studs are included within the panel and which makes fitting of the frames easy.
- Roof covering, all types can be accommodated including concrete tiles.
- External finish, standard brickwork, only needs a 50mm cavity, all types of cladding, brick slips and render which are applied on top of an EPS carrier. Snug can supply the EPS carrier systems.
- First fix electrics and plumbing. The service void battens create a void for cables making installation simple.
- Plasterboard and skim to walls and ceilings. The Snug kit includes service void battens for the walls and ceiling. Plasterboard, 15mm fireline is required, is nailed to the battens.
- Insulated screed or timber to floor.
- Skirting and any second fix joinery.
- Second fix electrics and plumbing.
Why Choose Snug?
Ideal for Builders & Trade
Structurally insulated panels (SIPs) are fast becoming the expert’s choice for building.
Increase your turnover
If you are a builder by trade looking to double or triple your turnover, our fast build kits will save you time and money.
Highly Insulated & Quick to Build
A contemporary alternative to traditional building methods, reducing or eliminating waste and time on site by up to 70%.
Quality Control & Assurance
Building the Snug Extension Kit at our factory and passed tight quality control procedures, before it is delivered to you.
We offer a unique service with a quick turn around from enquiry to quotation.